How Do I...
Below you will find some helpful resources that could potentially answer your question.
Click v to expand
How Do I....Apply For
How to Apply:
It's easy to apply electronically for any available position within the City of Winfield using Winfield Self Service. Click here to view vacancies!
Click here to view Employment Opportunities at The City of Winfield.
The City of Winfield offers, as a sampling, the following benefits for full-time employees (minimum of 30 hours per week):
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health and Dental insurance
- KPERS and KP&F Retirement Programs
- Optional Deferred Compensation Program
- Opportunity for merit increase based on annual performance review
- Optional group life insurance
- Other optional insurance plans (including critical illness, accident, short-term disability)
- Paid life insurance (up to 150% of salary)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid education assistance
- Paid vacation leave
About the Compensation Plan
It is the intent of the City to provide a pay plan, which will provide equitable pay for positions within its organization. The City also recognizes the need to provide, within its financial capability, a total compensation package that is comparable to that of the private and public sectors of the City's labor market. The City's compensation plan specifies the pay range for each position including minimum, maximum and intermediate rates.
Upon satisfactory completion of the probationary period of employment, a one-step pay increase will be granted. Thereafter, regular employees are eligible for a pay increase on the annual anniversary of the employment date. Such increases will be within the range established for the position and contingent upon competent service in the position as determined by evaluation of performance of the individual employee.
Overtime pay will be held to an essential minimum. However, all employees who are non-exempt under terms of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), will be paid at a rate of 1 1/2 the regular rate of pay for hours worked in excess of 40 hours during a seven day work week, 106 hours during a fourteen day work period and call-outs for Fire Department personnel except the Fire Chief and Fire Inspector.
A pay period consists of 2 weeks or 80 hours for most employees and 112 hours for fireman, except Fire Chief and Fire Inspector. Employees will be paid every other Thursday (biweekly) for the two weeks preceding the workweek in which they are paid.
How Do I....Contact Us
Click here to view the Contact list.
How Do I....Pay For
No Fee Payment Options
- Mail- Enclose the return portion of the Utility Bill with your check or money order.
- Remittance address: City of Winfield-Utility Billing, P.O. Box 646, Winfield, KS 67156
- In-person- Cash, Check or Money Order-The Customer Service Office in City Hall at 200 E. 9th is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Friday.
- ACH or EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer)- This is the most convenient way to pay. You sign up your checking or savings account, and your bill is automatically paid on the due date.
- City of Winfield Utility customers can also make their current bill payments at the following drop box locations:
- City Hall, 200 E 9th Ave
- Winfield Dillions Store, 2310 Main
- Online Payment – visit www.winfieldks.org and choose ‘Online Payment’ on the right side of the screen
- Credit card by phone-Call 620-221-5500.
How Do I....Download/View
How Do I....Report A Concern
How Do I....FAQs