ADA Policies & Guidelines
Self-Evaluation / Transition Plan
The Winfield City Commission accepted by Resolution, Bill No. 0769, a Self-Evaluation/Transition Plan. The Plan is a written policy document, including attachments, establishing the City of Winfield’s commitment to ensure compliance with the letter and spirit of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as, a plan for removal of barriers determined to exist in public facilities, activities, services and programs.
Specific policies have also been adopted to established best practices. See links to those specific policies on the left side of this page.
PublicHealthCorps web resources for individuals and families affected by disabilities:
- Disabled Renters’ Housing Rights
- The Ultimate Guide to Home Accommodations for Persons with Disabilities
- Disability Rights in Housing
- Preparing for Disaster for People with Disabilities and Other Special Needs
- Learn About the Different Types of Service Dogs
- How to Cope with Sudden Illness or Disability
- Depression and Disability: A Practical Guide
- The 45 Warning Signs of Prescription Drug Abuse
- How to Stay Physically Active: Aging Well with a Physical Disability
- Top Tips for Getting Fit if You’re Disabled