neighbors helping neighbors

Vehicle Inspections

If you have purchased a vehicle with an out of state title (not including salvage or rebuilt titles), you'll need to get it inspected prior to registering it in Kansas. The Winfield Police Department has state certified inspectors stationed at Barn 4, Winfield Fairgrounds, 1109 W. 9th Ave., on Tuesdays and Thursdays (except holidays), from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. You'll need to bring the following with you:
  • $20 (cash only)
  • The vehicle to be inspected
  • The original title (photocopies are not accepted)
  • A valid drivers license
If you do not have your title, please contact the dealership or lienholder and request they fax it to (620)221-5592 prior to the date you plan on getting the vehicle inspected. If your vehicle has a salvage or rebuilt title, it will need to be inspected by the Kansas Highway Patrol. These inspections are typically performed Wednesdays (except holidays) between 12-12:30 p.m. in the Albertson Courthouse Annex parking lot, 320 E. 9th Ave. To check on the availability of a trooper to perform salvage/rebuilt title inspections, please call the KHP VIN office in Kechi at (316) 337-7418.