The Stormwater Utility, established in 1995, is responsible for the operation, construction, maintenance, and repair of the Stormwater drainage system. The system provides for adequate collection, conveyance, detention, treatment, and release of storm water, which reduces the potential hazards to property and life resulting from Stormwater runoff.
A five-year capital plan outlines needed improvements to new or existing facilities. An operating budget is developed annually. Utility projects are funded with fees collected from residential and commercial customers of the city.
Winfield participates in the Kansas Stormwater Consortium. These cities have joined together to ensure that we are doing our best to protect our communities from pollutants entering our storm water drainage systems. By changing some of our personal habits, we can help maintain the quality of life in our watershed and lessen impacts downstream. Using the appropriate resources to dispose of unwanted materials and products properly, are but one of the ways we can make a difference together.
Click here to view the 7.5 Minute Topographical Map of Winfield
View important Forms below:
-Click here to view the Under an Acre: Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Fillable Form
-Click here to view the Over an Acre: Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Fillable Form
*The SWPPP Form is required for all contractors to complete and submit to the Environment Inspector for review and approval prior to digging or building.
Forms may also be e-mailed to email@example.com
Helpful Stormwater Documents:
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan for Construction Activities- Fillable Form for Contractors
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan for Construction Activities- Format Guide
- 2010 Stormwater Management Ordinance
- Stormwater Education Tri-fold
- Stormwater Education Brochure
- Kansas Stormwater Pollution Control Permit
- Best Management Practices (BMP)- Construction Site Manual
- 2010 Best Management Practices
- Raking Leaves Brochure
- Open Drainage Channels Brochure
- Stormwater Management Plan
- Post Construction BMP Manual
- Leaf/Street Sweeping Map
- Stormwater Map
Public Educational Videos: