Outdoor Community Events

Winfield's Outdoor Community Events
Winfield produces some top-rated and most anticipated events. From award-winning bluegrass and fine art festivals to country and rock concerts to a fireworks show that paints the sky, you’ll find something for everyone!  
The City of Winfield has a streamlined process for Outdoor Community Events where individuals, groups, organizations or promoters can access public property for their events, including use of City streets, sidewalks, parks, parking lots, and alleys. The Outdoor Community Events application serves as a useful event planning tool, as well as, a mechanism to provide the City with the information necessary for event review and subsequent approval. Outdoor Community Events applications are to be filed with the City Clerk at least 30 days prior to a proposed event date. 

Those Outdoor Community Event promoters who desire to sell or allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor or cereal malt beverage at their event must seek approval of Temporary Entertainment District (TED) status through the City Commission.  The Outdoor Community Event application, as well as, the Temporary Entertainment District Alcohol or Cereal Malt Beverage application must be completed. Applications are to be submitted to the City Clerk not less than 30 days from the date of the proposed community event. Sale of alcoholic liquor does require enlisting a Caterer licensed by the State of Kansas and City of Winfield or a Temporary Permit from the State of Kansas and the City of Winfield .
More information regarding Outdoor Community Events can be gained through Park Reservations, 620-221-5520, or by email at:  Park Reservations.