neighbors helping neighbors

City Facility Closures to Walk-in Traffic Extended to April 19th. Parks and Golf Course Open with Restrictions, Play Equipment Closed.

Please refer back to this alert for ongoing changes.

The City and all the services we offer are taking appropriate measures to keep our employees and community safe, healthy, and prepared. With that long-term safety in mind, we are making some changes to the access of our facilities to be part of the solution to slow the spread of COVID-19.

All services out of the City of Winfield City Hall (200 E. 9th) and Winfield Operations Center (2701 E. 9th) remain operational, however, beginning Monday, March 23rd, and extending through April 19th, these buildings will be closed to walk-in traffic. Staff will deliver services using phone, email, or other electronic methods. There will be some scheduling of appointments for services that cannot otherwise be handled through the aforementioned methods.

All parks and open spaces, including Quail Ridge Golf Course, remain open with certain restrictions. The City encourages residents and visitors to follow all health recommendations including safe social distancing methods and to refrain from using parks or trails if you are sick for any reason. Play equipment are closed for use until April 19th.The Park Shop building will be closed to the public through April 19th. Golf Course restrictions are available by visiting .

The Winfield Fire Department will be closed to the public walk-in traffic through April 19th.

The lobby of the Winfield Police Department will remain open. VIN inspections and fingerprinting will be suspended until April 21st .

Below is the contact information for the various activities/departments that operate out of City Hall and the City Operations Center.

Customer Service
Payment of Utility Bills:
- Mailing your payment to the City of Winfield, P.O. Box 646, Winfield, KS 67156.
- Dropping off your payment in the Drop-Box on the south end of City Hall or Dillons.
- Paying Online at
- Paying over the phone – Credit card by phone-Call 1-888-604-7888, or call 620-221-5500

Establishing and Stopping Utility Service:
Customers may call 620-221-5500 or email to establish, move or stop utility services.

Other Services
Call 620-221-5500 for Dog tags, cereal malt beverage and liquor licenses, garage sale permits, cemetery space inquiries, municipal court payments, recycling programs.

Utility Operations
The Administrative offices for Electric, Water, Wastewater, Natural Gas, and Stormwater Utilities, Purchasing, Central Stores, Fleet Services, Sanitation/Recycling, and Streets are located at the City's Operation Center. Please notify us of any questions or concerns by calling 620-221-5600, or by email at .

Utility Emergencies
For after-hours utility emergencies, please call 620-221-0404.

Neighborhood & Development Services
Many services for Neighborhood & Development Services are available on the City’s website:

Trades licenses, tree trimming licenses, Building Permits, Inspections, and dropping off plans – All services will be by appointment or via electronic means. Please first call 221-5520. You may also email Staff will coordinate with you directly on how to best serve you.

Zoning Development and new businesses – Please call 221-5520.

Engineering – Please call 221-5520

City Clerk
All applications and Freedom of Information forms are available on the City’s website:…/Pub…/Request%20for%20Record.PDF For questions or to schedule an appointment, please call 221-5500 or email

Human Resources
Services provided to the public out of the Human Resources Department are available on the City’s website: For questions and to schedule an appointment, please call 221-5510

City Manager’s Office
The City Manager’s Office is available by phone at 221-5504, or by email at

The Management Information Systems and Geographic Information Systems Department is available by phone at 221-5526. Various maps for use are available at

Parks and Public Land
Contact information about parks and public land, reservations and play at each facility is available at . Call 221-5635 for Lake Permits.







Due to restrictions on size of gatherings, per the Kansas Governor’s Office, the public and in some cases staff and elected and appointed officials will be unable to physically attend public meetings of the City of Winfield. As per instruction by the Kansas Attorney General, you may listen at no cost to the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. As required, at no time will a meeting be permitted to continue if there is not a majority of the board present either physically or by means of telecommunication.  All scheduled meetings and details for access can be found by accessing the City Calendar at 

Phones Muted: In order to enable all parties to hear, phones will be muted. Phones will be unmuted for public comment at the beginning of the meeting and at the end of each topic as described below.

Public Comment: All commenters shall state their name and address before commenting. Public comment at the meeting on any item not on the agenda will be received at the beginning of the meeting. The phones will be unmuted at the end of each topic to receive any additional comment.

Presenters: Presenters must state their name and title each time as they begin speaking.

Agenda: The agenda for the meeting will be posted on the City’s website at . Discussion is not limited to items on the agenda.

Posting of Recording: An audio recording of the meeting will be posted to the City website as soon as possible for public review.